Re: crosscompiling kernel

Hi,
Jonas Meurer (jonas@freesources.org) wrote on 2002-11-03:
> mejo@host:/usr/src/kernel-source-2.4.19-hppa$ make bzImage

Hm, from what I gathered on this list, it seems that the PA-RISC kernel
usually isn't compressed?

> hppa-linux-nm vmlinux | grep -v '\(compiled\)\|\(\.o$\)\|\( [aUw]
> 	 \)\|\(\.\.ng$\)\|\(LASH[RL]DI\)' | sort > System.map

Right there, you should have a working Linux kernel in vmlinux, and a
System.map too. That's usually all you need.

> palo -f ./palo.conf
> palo version 1.1 buildd@cyberhq Tue Aug  6 16:29:31 UTC 2002
> ELF32 executable
> ram-disk-image-file: No such file or directory
> make: *** [palo] Error 2

palo is the PA-RISC equivalent of LILO, so I can't quite imagine
why it would be run during a kernel build - is this more the
equivalent of "make bzlilo"? Perhaps someone should fix the Makefile.

ciao,
--
Thomas Themel    | CenterPoint Connective Software Engineering GmbH
Hauptplatz 8/4   |    System Administrator / Software Developer