Re: gcc: Internal compiler error during automatic build of synergy on sarti

> Testing with:
>
> g++-3.2               3.2.1-0pre3           The GNU C++ compiler.
> binutils              2.13.90.0.4-1         The GNU assembler, linker and binary utilities.
> libstdc++5            3.2.1-0pre3           The GNU stdc++ library version 3
> libc6                 2.2.5-14.3            GNU C Library: Shared libraries and Timezone data
>
> No compiler ICE'ing :)

Does this mean this `internal compiler error' doesn't occur with
gcc/g++ 3.2 on hppa?

In the meantime I tried to compile it on sarti.debian.org myself.
On sarti.debian.org, gcc/g++ 3.0.4-7 is installed. The
`internal compiler error' occurs.

So I will probably build-depend on g++-3.2.

> In synergy-0.9.12/lib/base/CLog.h, the following is defined:
[...]
> Since CHTTPProtocol.cpp plans on including stdsstream, you cannot
> define 'log' to be something arbitrary without causing havok with
> mathcalls.h (logarithm).
[...]

Thanks a lot for analyzing this.

I notified the upstream author about this error. I also created
a new revision, 0.9.12-2, which solves the problem by changing
the inclusion order of the affected include files. The
source package will soon be available in the debian archive. It
is also available at
http://people.debian.org/~danlutz/synergy/synergy-0.9.12/

Daniel