Re: broken A1094-66541 PCBA Switch on 735/99 ?

please check the following:

are the fans cleaned from dust?
when the fans do not spin up and the voltage gets stuck in the fans, the
HP somehow "monitors" the power circuitry and won't start.if you clean the fans or remove their power sticks, the machine will boot.

i explained the "many many pushes" of the power switch the following way
you try starting a defunct car by igniting it many times in a short time
period to make it go.
hope it helps, don't buy the pcb switch, first clean the fans or unplug
them temporarily ;-)
in my case, the pcb switch was okay.

bye, alex