Re: xfree86 4.2.0-0pre1v3 (source,i386) available at the X Strike Force

Branden Robinson wrote:
> I think the original code from patch #100 is wrong, so I am dropping
> that hunk of the patch, and patch #400 entirely since it just #ifdefs
> off the patch I'm dropping.

Since I did the original hacking to build xfree86 for hppa,
I might be responsible for that. But I can't check.
"apt-get source xfree86" gets me 4.1.0-17 sources.
Where are you hiding the 4.2.x sources?

Sorry, I just don't have time to hunt them down.

FWIW, I am running 4.2.x-3 bits on a B180 using FB driver.
I think Ishikawa built the debs a week or two ago but
didn't save the URL where they came from.

> I will want to hear from Mach64 users on SPARC, m68k, and HP-PA as to
> what the effects of my changes are.  (I'm pretty sure it will compile,
> since I'm essentially restoring this part atimach64.c to its current
> state on xf-4_2-branch.)

FWIW, ati was never an HP official supported device for hppa.

thanks,
grant