Re: Kernel 2.4.19-pa6 - can't login.

You would assume wrong, I have. In /dev/input I have event[0-3], js[0-3],
mice, and mouse[0-3].

I should have made it a little more clear, I can enter a user name, hit
enter then it will freeze.  It will never prompt me for a password. If I am
booting single user mode, it won't get me to the point of putting in a
password either.

On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 11:55:20PM +0200, Helge Deller wrote:
> On Thursday 29 August 2002 23:22, Richard Nairn wrote:
> > I just grabbed the precompiled kernel 2.4.19-pa6.  I have a 735/125. I can
> > get to the login prompt fine, but it will freeze there. I have top running
> > on one of the VTs and it show's ksoftirqd_CPU0 chewing up some serious CPU.
> >
> > The only other problem that I noticed is that it reports a kernel bug at
> > slab.c:1130 The SysRq key also dosn't work, it reports an unknown scancode.
> >
> > Any Ideas?
>
> Hi Richard,
>
> I assume you haven't created the /dev/input/* devices as described in the FAQ
> in entry #12 (http://www.parisc-linux.org/faq/index.html#12)  - e.g.
> cd /dev && ./MAKEDEV input
>
> The hight ksoftirqd_CPU0 usage is normal currently with the HIL drivers.
>
> Greetings,
> Helge
---end quoted text---