Re: Out of Office AutoReply: kernel-source-2.4.19 ... no -hppa this time? (fwd)

On Mon, Aug 26, 2002 at 10:04:47PM +0300, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:
> Please unsubscribe your employee from the Debian-hppa mailing list.  Receiving
> his auto-replies when I have mailed to the list, not to him, is not appreciated.

i agree.  it is highly inappropriate for vacation mails to be directed
to individuls who post to mailing lists.  there is even a header which
directs the mail agent to not do this -- Precedence: list or Precedence:
bulk.  unfortunately, the "corporate standard" at hp is to use outlook
which wilfully ignores this header.  i suggest that other hp employees
who subscribe to mailing lists do not do so from their exchange address.

please file trouble tickets with HP IT.  let's get the pain of this
transferred to the right place.