RE: question setting up consoles, x and stuff

Ok, the first step is to get palo to display to the correct frambuffer.

My C180XP has two frame buffers, one the standard built in one and on a
plugin
card. The machine firmware is set to make the non-built in one the console.
When I
boot my machine right after the "If this is the last message you see..."
message the
boot sequence switches to the built in frame buffer. Plugging my monitor
into the builtin
frame buffer I see the rest of the boot sequence, and all console messages,
but no login
prompt. I can telnet/ftp into the machine.

So the question is how do I force palo to use the frame buffer that the
machine firmware
says to use as the console?

Thanks in advance.

Sean Anaya