Re: ECC Memory question

8-§  > It's a RAM Error. It happens just once every 3 months. Cosmic
8-§  > radiation?!
8-§  >

As I said I don't exactly know how the errors occurs normally. I mentioned what I learned when I worked for HP (on Unix servers, for istance, but HP-PARISC is almost the same in both cases!)

8-§  > > can indeed recognize the bank where the error occurred! Well after a
8-§  > > certain amount of "single-bit error" the system provides a reboot;
8-§  >
8-§  > I didn't know that!
8-§  >
8-§  > But does parisc Linux do something similar?

The check is provided by the PDC!!! I imagine HPPA Linux provides an handling and a management of this kind of errors?!? It could be a good idea to ask it to the HPPA developers, as well to the ESIEE guyz!

linuxabbestia

<<Unix IS user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are!>>