Re: Problem on install: HP C200 hangup

I have a C200 which is running Debian but I haven't tested the
latest CD's yet. I am planning on burning a set of Woody CD's
this weekend and reformatting / reinstalling everything.

I installed mine from the 0.9.3 cd's and then just used
deselect to upgrade from the network. That worked fine. I
will post if I have any troubles with the new Debian CD's.

Anyways, the C200 is a good performer with Debian and it
can run all of the KDE stuff just fine. The Visualize-EG
board is probably the best bet for X11 right now. The system
feels at least as fast as an equivalent Pentium box.

My config: C200 w/ PA8200 @ 200MHz, 385Mb, 4Gb, Visualize-EG.
  I also have a GSC Visualize-24Z which I will be adding as
  a secondary card - not currently supported by the kernel.
  Also a SCSI cdrom drive which I added.

Booted / Installed with no problems using 0.9.3 cdrom. Was able
to upgrade via dselect. Newer kernel provides X11 capability
for Visualize-EG. Has minor glitches here and there but overall
is quite usable.

New Debian Woody ISO's - Currently untested. Will advise.

- Doug

Grant Grundler wrote:
Antonio da Silva Martins Junior wrote:

Hi all,

Sorry for reposting this email, but I hadn't received any mail from the list after I post this question.

I had a HP C200 machine, and I'm trying to install debian, I had downloaded "debian-30r0-hppa-binary-1_NONUS.iso", burned the CD.

I don't have (or want) a C200 to test on. You might look at some
of the mini-ISOs offered by ESIEE which have a newer kernel.
URL is on our home page, www.parisc-linux.org.

But it sounds like you have a configuration that isn't supported
or is really broken. For configuration issues, just remove
all add-on cards. For HW issues, start by removing all but
two memory DIMMs.

grant