Re: Debian-HPPA & Java

In reference to a message from Matthew Wilcox, dated Jul 03:
> On Tue, Jul 02, 2002 at 10:46:27PM +0200, Jean-Yves GUILLEVIC wrote:
> > Hello All
> >
> > could someone explain how to work with java on a Debian HPPA Linux system ?
>
> well, gcj hasn't been ported yet.  my understanding is that someone needs
> to make libffi2 (part of gcc) work on hppa and then gcj should build.  but
> i'm not really a userspace kind of guy ...

are you looking for a java compiler or a jvm?

jikes in debian supports hppa (or at least is compiled for it). kaffe
also has upstream patches for preliminary hppa support, but it's far
from complete, and the debian package doesn't yet have the hppa patches.

as for libffi... i thought someone (carlos?) had looked at it at some
point... not sure what's happening there tho.

randolph