Re: Installer problem

On Fri, 31 May 2002, Helge Deller wrote:

> I assume the portmapper isn't running.
The portmapper is running on the server.  Does the client need it too?

> It's an old problem - you may search
> the parisc-linux list archives. I think to remember that there was one commandline
> parameter to mount with which it partly worked.
I couldn't find anything like this in the archive.  I have actually seen
this work before -- I think it must be a kernel version/installer version
issue.  I will try older lifimages tomorrow.  Maybe you could find what
mount option works, and let me know in case it doesn't work?

Thanks

--
The best you get is an even break.
		-- Franklin Adams