php4, apache dies on startup

Hi all,

I just got a beautiful 735/125 and put debian on it without too much
trouble. Now as I was setting up apache, it fails to load after I
installed php4. The error from /var/log/apache/error.log is

PHP Fatal error:  Unable to start session mm module in Unknown on line 0

According to the debian README in /usr/doc/php4 sessions don't work on
hppa, but I'm not quite sure what sessions are. In php.ini there's
sessions stuff... commenting that out did nothing.

Has anyone had success getting php4 to work (in apache)?

Hans :)

--
YAAH! DEATH TO OATMEAL!
    -- Calvin