Re: Java2 libraries

[For the benefit of the list, this is the continuation of a discussion
about java support in linux for hppa architectures.]

    Phil> However they both install on Red Hat where I have gcc 2.9.6

Just because they install doesn't mean they actually run.

    Phil> HP has announced linux as one of their OS platforms if
    Phil> Debian is not Java ready

    Phil> what version of linux will they use ?? Java is very
    Phil> important part of WEB servers which are the primary linux
    Phil> engines besides networking. Perhaps they are not going to
    Phil> provide Linux on hppa but the news media says
    Phil> different. Glad I am not a customer.

All I know is no-one in the Blackdown team, who almost certainly
created the rpm you found, is working on hppa right now.  Maybe HP are
planning to licence j2se/j2ee seperately and port them to linux/hppa
themselves.  I'm cc'ing the debian-hppa list to see if anyone there
knows.

--
Stephen

"Networks are complicated. Security is difficult. People are stupid."
- jsaylor@mediaone.net