Re: why would apache not install/configure?

* Thomas Themel (thomas.themel@cpointc.com) wrote:

> What happens if you start apache "manually" using apachectl
> or the init.d script? Are there entries in the error.log?

For the sake of the list:

The error was

PHP Fatal error:  Unable to start session mm module in Unknown on line
0

So it seems to be a problem with php4.  I hit google to see if any
mention of this is made else where:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-alpha/2002/debian-alpha-200201/msg00080.html

Seems is a problem on the alpha arch too.  The suggested fix of:

echo "33554432" > /proc/sys/kernel/shmmax

didn't work for me, what did was removing php from the apache config.
Which isn't really all that good  :(

I also checked the session setup and it's already using files, which
was another suggestion in the email that worked for someone.

Regards,

Pete.

--
				Due to a lack of imagination,