Re: Kernel Modules?

On Tue, Feb 19, 2002 at 03:20:10PM +0100, Helge Deller wrote:

> > When configuring / building a new Kernel, I was wondering why Kernel
> > module support was deactivated.
> > Is that not supported on HPPA architecture or is this supposed to make
> > sure the kernel works when booted via bootp?
>
> The second choice. Most of us developers boot testkernels via bootp/tftp.
> But kernel modules do work of course.

Ah, OK. I built a kernel that had the network driver as a module, and
upon modprobing it (after automatic insertion at boottime failed) the
system went haywire.

I'm back to a monolithical kernel now.

--
Ralf Hildebrandt (Im Auftrag des Referat V A)   Ralf.Hildebrandt@charite.de
Charite Campus Virchow-Klinikum                 Tel.  +49 (0)30-450 570-155