crash when writing to /dev/lp0

I'm using a hp 712/60.I'm happy to see my keyboard working now with your
help.But now i ran into another problem: i want to connect a printer to it,
but whenever i write anything to /dev/lp0 the box crashes at once showing a
great lot of numbers on the screen.printing on this box isn't really
important to me, but if it was possible i'D prefer to use it to connect my
printer to.So i'd like to know why it crashes and if i can do something
against it.i'm using sid with the latest available kernel-image-2.4.16-32.
Another problem is the box tells me init men not freed when booting.
ps.: is the spam we received readible to anyone?
quitte