Re: Firmware Update on Visualize C240

Matthew Wilcox wrote:
> i'd be willing to bet that HPUX and Linux have different implementations
> of `sum'.

715 firmware is sanity checked with "wc" and it's clear wc is different
between hpux and linux. I'm pretty sure sum is different too.
In the 715 firmware case, the file was correctly unpacked despite
the warning msg that wc output didn't match.

I've unpacked and made available some of the firmware images
on ftp://gsyprf10.external.hp.com/pub. I don't have anything there
that's not on the official ftp site - much less. Eventually
this stuff will move to ftp.parisc-linux.org - the layout and
content needs to be discussed more before that will happen though.

grant