Re: Boot problem

On Mon, Oct 08, 2001 at 02:14:54PM -0400, Marco Rodriguez wrote:
>  I'm traying to boot from the parisc-linux 0.9 on one HP 9000 d350 whith
>  2 100 Mhz PA RISC 7200 processors but it hangs up
>  this is the boot mesaje and information it shows, after select the boot
>  from CD-ROM. if someone can tell me how to boot please or the problems i
>  have, thank you.

[...]

>  branching to kernel entry point 0x00100000
>  Set default PSW W bit to 0

I have booted up a D350 and got further than this. It was a single
processor 100 MHz machine. First it got as far as listing ttyS0,
the first serial port, then I got no more messages. A solution
to that is to remove the access port card from the machine.

(Question to all: is there a better way? My machine's real
owner would rather I put the card back in! We want to dual boot
linux and HP-UX.)

Hamish