Booting problem on 712/60 STI

Hi there,

I'm having problems connecting to www.parisc-linux.org similar to other
people, so I cannot search the mailing lists for help. Also, from time
to time I have problems accessing www.debian.org. I apologies if this
has been discussed already.

I have a 712/60 with 32MB memory and 1GB HDD, firmware version 1.5,
external CD-ROM running old version of NeXT Step. I downloaded, MD5
checked, and burned 3 ISOs: version 0.6.1-32STI, 0.9-32STI, and 0.9.2. I
can read the CDs under NeXT Step. BUT I cannot boot from them! In
BOOT_ADMIN when I try to boot from CD-ROM, it reads from it for about 2
seconds and then it comes back to BOOT_ADMIN. No error messages nothing.
A network boot or serial console install are not options for me.

Please, reply by mail directly to me since I have difficulties with
access.
Thanx for help.

Cheers,

Karol