Re: [Adrian Bunk <bunk@fs.tum.de>] Do the HPPA "binary-only" NMUs violate the GPL?

On Fri, Jul 06, 2001 at 06:38:57PM +0200, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> I'd suggest to send a RC bug that contains something like a "when you
> make no upload and don't disagree I'll do a (source) NMU in one week".

Not always good enough.  A lot of packages depend on jade (transitively or
directly).  To build jade on ia64, I had to comment out one line.  This is
clearly not a suitable fix for all architectures, nor is it necessary
for any other architecture -- I suspect it's a bizarre compiler quirk.
So I filed #103192, uploaded and moved on.