[Adrian Bunk <bunk@fs.tum.de>] Do the HPPA "binary-only" NMUs violate the GPL?

Adrian Bunk wrote on debian-devel:

> there are currently many "binary-only" NMUs for HPPA that change the
> source of the package. E.g.

Grr, guys please don't do this.  That's not what binary-only NMUs are
for.  If you need to make changes to the source, then do a sourceful
NMU.  As porters you have a lot more leeway WRT permission to do
sourceful NMUs (i.e. you don't necessarily have to ask permission,
wait silly amounts of time etc.).

If needs be, I'll add yet more code to katie to check for and try to
stop ``bin-only'' NMUs which aren't simple recompiles, but I'd really
rather not.

--
James