715 Firmware Update Question

A while back I asked about how one updates firmware on a 715...and got deafening silence. I finally downloaded the file and found out why....its a shell script that does it! No sin in being ignorant, just sin in staying that way....so I carry on with my public humiliation. I go through this learning curve on every system I learn.

In the shell script it specifies writing out the binary file created by the shell script to a tape. I don't have a tape drive.

Question: Can I FTP this firmware binary to my NT box, create an ISO bootable disk CD of the firmware, and then load the firmware from the CD on the 715? I'm assuming the process of loading new firmware is roughly analogous to booting from a CD. At least it would seem so from the tape instructions.

I am I overlooking anything in my thinking?

BTW: Nero does create valid bootable ISO CDs on NT....it just that Linux doesn't like my firmware version.