Re: CD boot failuer - update

Hi Dean,

You need to tell the CD writter to put the iso image on the CD without
putting a filesystem around it. How you do that depends on the burning
software. Some lame software might not even do it. [[Trying hard not to
say anything nasty about NT.]]

If you want to do a network install you have to do the following:

Setup a dhcp server.

Setup up a tftp server.

Put the lifimage from the CD somewhere where the tftp server can get at it.

bo lan the HP machine at the PDC screen.

If ( when ) it fails work out what failed and what to fix.

You can loopback mount the CD image and export it. Then install the base
system via NFS.

I had a few hours of fun getting a network install to work. It's worth doing
just for the experience.

If that seems too much like hard work buy a CD writter.

Regards,

Stephen Day