Re: Need help about g++ 3 / libstdc++ 3 on hppa

On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 10:54:23AM +0200, Jérôme Marant wrote:
>   1) I backported the upstream gcc 3 fixes which are mostly
>      replacements of #include <cstring> with #include <string.h>
>
>      BTW, I don't know if this can considered as the Right Thing
>      or if it is an ugly hack that could be resolved a more elegant
>      way.

That's upstream being stupid.  The correct fix is to not specify
-I/usr/include on the compile line.

>   2) Then, it compiled fine but the linking failed like this:
>      wmstatus.o: In function
>      'WorkspaceStatusTimeout::handleTimer(YTimer*)':
>      /usr/src/icewm-1.0.8.6/src/wmstatus.cc(.gnu.linkonce.d._ZTV20YWindowManagerStatus0xb8):
>      undefined reference to '__cxa_pure_virtual'
>
>      I've never got this kind of error before and I fear about a
>      g++ bug but this is only an assumption.

I suspect this means `you're linking with gcc instead of g++', but I'd
have to see the command line it executes rather than the inane `Linking
genpref-gnome...' style of thing it prints out.