Re: NIC problem

Micheal,

I hope your question is better answered in the existing
documentation under www.debian.org or man ifconfig.
And the debian-hppa list (cc'd) is an excellent resource too! :^)

Here's an "offhand" answer:

mike wrote:
> I have a question about setting up the eth0, under pa-risc linux.
> Because when i do ifconfig i dont see the eth0 (ether interface),
> so do i have to recompile my kernel to support it?

The kernel support has to be compiled in.
For *most* parisc machines though, I expect the "default"
or standard kernels to find eth0. So I don't think this
is the problem.

AFAIK, ifconfig only reports interfaces that are already configured.
So try "pump eth0" and then ifconfig again or manually "ifconfig eth0"
with the necessary parameters.

grant

> 	-Michael Vanacore

Grant Grundler