Re: [parisc-linux] List of packages for hppa ISO release

Grant Grundler writes...

> Matt Taggart wrote:
> > http://puffin.external.hp.com/~taggart/selections.20010525
> > There are still a few missing dependencies but those should be taken care o
> > in the next few days. If you have additions/deletions to the list please se
> > them to me.
> o ditch ipchains and add iptables instead.

Good idea but netbase depends on ipchains. I'll add iptables.

> o add cvs

We decided that cvs's debconf questions would be confusing to someone who
didn't intend to setup a cvs repository right away. Not adding it, people can
just get it from the archive.

> o add an irc client? (tirc? tinyirc? ircii?)

Good idea. Which one?

> o any memory or selftest tools we can include?
>   (even untested - I'm looking at x86 package that has mem/cpu test)

Good idea, but all the memory testers I've seen have been x86 specific. If
people have specific ones they know will work for hppa then let me know.

Matt Taggart        Linux Development Lab
taggart@fc.hp.com   HP Linux Systems Operation