need help to install

	I have an hppa box here in my observatory, and I would like to
install Debian on it. Apparently there is already a port of Debian in the
"unstable" branch, where can I get some information on how to proceed to
install it? And, first and foremost, to what extent does it work? Can I
expect to be able to install and run gcc, g77, some flavour of (X)Emacs
and X? I need to be able to do some real work on it, meaning I need to be
able to compile an (astronomical data processing) application from source
and run it.

Any information is welcome, thanks
Giacomo

Giacomo Mulas <gmulas@ca.astro.it, giacomo.mulas@tin.it>

OSSERVATORIO  ASTRONOMICO
Str. 54, Loc. Poggio dei Pini * 09012 Capoterra (CA)

Tel.: +39 070 71180 216     Fax : +39 070 71180 222

"When the storms are raging around you, stay right where you are"
                         (Freddy Mercury)