Re: ROCM support in ucx, mpi

Hi Alastair,

On 2023-11-15 05:37, Alastair McKinstry wrote:
Recent releases of UCX and MPI support ROCM.  I would like to enable that capability.

Can the ROCm team please advise? I do not have amd locally (mostly devel on arm64) so I would like to know how I would enable testing - is there CI/CD for this hardware available?

I am working with a couple universities to ensure there are a variety of AMD GPU servers available for testing. There should be some announcements in the upcoming months. For the moment, the AMD GPU servers for the ROCm team's CI are all hosted in private residences, which may not be set up to allow outside access. However, as Christian mentioned, they will run autopkgtests on a variety of AMD GPUs and publish the results.

AMD donated some GPUs last year and Jonathan Carter was setting up a machine for Debian Developers to use [1]. You could check with him to see if that machine is available. Additionally, I think Jonathan may still have a spare Radeon RX 6800 that has not yet been claimed, so that may be an option if you have an otherwise suitable local machine. On Debian, the entire ROCm stack has been built for arm64 but AFAIK nobody has tested it on anything but amd64.

Sincerely,
Cory Bloor

[1]: https://lists.debian.org/debian-ai/2022/11/msg00021.html