Re: Condor Upload

Hi again,

Am Wed, Mar 22, 2023 at 07:31:09AM +0100 schrieb Andreas Tille:
> Just to make sure you understood release policy:  There is zero chance
> that htcondor will be included into bookworm since this is frozen which
> means no new packages will be accepted any more (new in terms not in
> testing).

A new release cycle has started and I would recommend to use this as a
chance to upload some sensible candidate to new as early as possible.
I noticed that version 10.6.0 is the latest release of htcondor.  Should
we upgrade the packaging to this version and upload it to new?

> > I have uploaded HTCondor 10.3.0 and it builds on x86_64. And passed lintian
> > with warnings. (I resolved all errors.) So, now it build on x86_64 on salsa.
> > On i386, it is supposed to use C code for one program and instead it is
> > trying to use x86_64 assembler. So, I would have to look at changes needed
> > to build on i386.
>
> I'm waiting until you confirm that the issue mentioned in your other
> mail is solved.

I do not remember that issue - may be its solved with the new version -
thus I do not check.

> > I see that it failed piuparts testing. I imagine that this also needs fixing
> > before it is accepted.
>

> I think you should make absolutely sure that debian/copyright is precise
> and is mentioning all copyrights in single files that are deriving from
> the main copyright of the code.  Htcondor needs to pass the new queue
> due to the change in the name of the binary.  As a consequence ftpmaster
> will check d/copyright and to my experience this takes long (in terms of
> one to several months).  In case ftpmaster finds some issue you have to
> fix this and re-upload which sometimes (not always) takes the same
> waiting time again.  I'd recommend some
>
>    grep -Ri copyright | grep -v 'Condor Team, Computer Sciences Department'
>
> as a starting point what files need extra mentioning.

I'd like to repeat that this is *really* important.

> > I really want to get this in. Updating from 10.3.0 to 10.4.0 will be much
> > easier than going from 8.6.8 to 10.3.0.
>
> Sounds promising for the future.

So what should be out target version?

> Thanks a lot for your cooperation