Re: Should singularity-container make it to next release?

Hi,

Am Wed, Oct 12, 2022 at 06:20:11PM +0200 schrieb olivier sallou:
> > | At this point there it appears that Apptainer 1.0 will be very close
> > | to SingularityCE 3.9 which we released recently, given
> > | the picks from SingularityCE into the code base.
> >
> > So I am absolutely confused if it makes sense to package apptainer at all
> > or
> > should I just let it be?
> >

> for the moment, I would be happy to have singularity itself. Adding its
> fork is nice, but mean extra work so I think we should focus on "main" tool
> for the moment and see after....

My colleagues also stick to singulatity.  I once commited to apptainer
since I've got the hint that this might be more promising than fixing
singularity.  Since you finally managed to fix singularity (thanks
again) the interest in apptainer is not as urgent any more.

> > OTOH, singularity is an important package and many users would be happy to
> > have
> > it in stable -- I have even got a couple of bug reports/texts saying
> > people are happy to see a new update of singularity.
>

> +1 for important package for several communities :-)

+1

Thanks again

    Andreas.

--