Re: singularity-container: CVE-2021-33622

On 2/18/22 6:01 PM, Andreas Tille wrote:
Control: tags -1 help

Hi,

I updated singularity-container in Salsa to the latest available CE
release and added some new Build-Depends.  Unfortunately it does not
build as you can see in salsa-ci[1].  Any help to get the package build
is welcome.  I personally have no idea about Go language nor singularity
and really need the help of previous Uploaders / Go team.

You missed to apply the upstream commit properly; I have pushed to fix that properly.
Now the build chokes with

|	-o cmd/starter/c/starter /home/nilesh/packages/singularity/singularity-container/_build/src/github.com/sylabs/singularity/cmd/starter/main_linux.go
| ../pkg/network/network_linux.go:22:2: cannot find package "github.com/containernetworking/cni/pkg/types/100" in any of:
| 	/BUILDDIR/singularity-container/_build/src/github.com/sylabs/singularity/vendor/github.com/containernetworking/cni/pkg/types/100 (vendor tree)

Now this is because it needs version 1.0.1 of golang-github-appc-cni while we have 0.8.1-1 in unstable and the desired version
is still in experimental[1].
So you will need to transition it.

Note that it has some important $rev-deps, however I do not see it doing anything much intrusive in psuedo-excuses,
so it might be safe to dput.

BTW, I also started packaging of apptainer[2].  Five Build-Depends are
in new queue.  I come back with questions once these might have cleared
new.

Sure, and thanks for your efforts

[1]: https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/golang-github-appc-cni
[2]: https://release.debian.org/britney/pseudo-excuses-experimental.html#golang-github-appc-cni