Introducing myself

Hello!

My name is Heitor, I recently joined Omnivector Solutions to work with
Slurm deployment. We currently maintain Slurm as a snap [0] to be
easily deployed using our Juju charms [1].

We need to be able to deploy to Ubuntu and Centos machines, so snaps
were an interesting idea to explore initially, but there are
limitations to that and we are now exploring the packages available in
each distro.

I found the Slurm packages from Debian HPC Team and there's already
everything we need compiled in there, all the components and libraries
we need. Thanks for that!

I saw that for Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, the latest Slurm is 17.11.2 and for
20.04 LTS is 19.05.5. I'm wondering if it is OK to use the latest
Debian package (20.11.4) on both Ubuntu versions? Would that work?

What is the process to decide what are the packaged slurm components
and compile flags? If we need to --enable-foo in the ./configure step,
can we suggest here to be added to slurm-wlm or should we setup or own
repository?

Cheers,
Heitor

[0] https://github.com/omnivector-solutions/snap-slurm