Re: Default MPI

clone 895748 -1
retitle -1 Should we switch the standard default MPI to MPICH?

On Mon, 2018-04-16 at 13:21 +0100, Alastair McKinstry wrote:

> On 16/04/2018 09:42, Drew Parsons wrote:
> >
> > Thanks Alastair. OpenMPI 3 has just arrived in unstable.  Is it
> > still
> > the case that openmpi 3 does not provide failed image support?
>
> Yes :-(

Interesting.  Given the mpich test failures on riscv64 that Manuel
reported, let's mark riscv64 for openmpi for the time being.  We don't
want to drastically change the entire mpi-defaults until the openmpi3
transition is finished anyway.

I'll clone this bug so we can continue discussing the Default MPI and
review Michael's testsuites (update the email bug number in any