Re: Adding copilot

On 29/12/2022 07:12, Scott Talbert wrote:
On Tue, 27 Dec 2022, Ivan Perez wrote:

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure.  My best guess is that Ubuntu might be in the middle of it's own Haskell transition?  I'm not sure if there is any sort of tracker for Ubuntu transitions, but I'm basing that guess on the fact that copilot-theorem was rebuilt on December 12:
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/haskell-copilot-theorem

Looking at https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/haskell-copilot/3.12-1 (the parent of all copilot packages), I see that ti's been built successfully in all architectures. Nothing stands out, but I'm no expert.

Something seems to have happened in the last day or so.  I just installed Lunar in a throwaway VM and sure enough, copilot is there and installable!
Wow!!! That's amazing! I'm very happy. Thanks!

@Gianfranco, is Ubuntu in the middle of a Haskell transition?

Hi Gianfranco,

I just wanted to follow up on this. Have you had a chance to check this?

For info: We'll publish a new version of Copilot in a week (3.13). The next one after that (3.14) will come out after the deadlines for the 'Feature freeze' and 'Debian import' for Ubuntu 23.04. If we need to change Copilot to get it accepted in Lunar, please let us know.

If you want to get 3.14 into Lunar via Debian, then yeah, it will need to happen before the Debian Import Freeze.  Also, the Debian Bookworm soft freeze starts on 2023-02-12, so it should probably be before then too, as the soft freeze is supposed to only have "small, targeted fixes."

Good to know.

Only 3.13 will probably make it, then. Copilot is released on a fixed schedule. 3.14 is scheduled for March 7. It will only contain bug fixes, more tests, and remove deprecated functions, but that may be more than what Debian considers a "small, targeted fix".

All the best,

Ivan