Re: New to Debian Haskell Group

On Sun, 31 Jul 2022, Joenio Marques da Costa wrote:

Hello all,

I've just entered the list and also I've asked on Salsa to join the team.

I am a user of haskell-tidal and I would like to (if needed) help updating this package on Debian, I saw that it was updated recently to 1.7.10, thanks for that.

Also I saw there is a new upstream 1.8.0 that I would be glad to help upgrading, I've never packaged any haskell lib before, I am reading the Debian Haskell Group CollabMaint GettingStarted [1] that if I understood well is the place to start.

https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebianHaskellGroup/CollabMaint/GettingStarted

Hi Joenio and welcome!

The DHG operates a bit differently than a lot of other Debian teams in that the team packages track an LTS package set from Stackage. Currently that LTS is 19.15:

https://www.stackage.org/lts-19.15

The entire package set is checked for compatibility using the package plan:

https://salsa.debian.org/haskell-team/package-plan

In general, the team tries to keep packages consistent with the LTS, but if there's a good reason to move tidal ahead of the LTS, then it could probably be done. I checked and don't see any other dependencies on tidal in Debian currently.

Scott