Re: Adding copilot

On Tue, 11 Oct 2022, Ivan Perez wrote:

On 2022-10-11 19:34, Scott Talbert wrote:
On Tue, 11 Oct 2022, Ivan Perez wrote:
On 2022-10-11 14:00, Scott Talbert wrote:
The biggest issue currently is
with what4 - it isn't building on all architectures yet, which is
preventing copilot from being built on all architectures.

You can check the package tracker here (and see testing migrations
section): https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/haskell-copilot

Ok. I'm not very familiar with the tracker's interface.

Is what4 itself not building, or is it not building because a dependency of what4 is not building?

There may be dependencies we or they can drop (we can't drop all of what4).

I expect future releases to have fewer dependencies, not more. I've been trying to prune that a lot.

It's what4 itself.  It is building, but tests are not working on
anything but amd64.  I'll try to sort that out soon.

See: https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=haskell-what4

Ok. I've made the what4 team aware. They are on standby. If there's an actual bug being detected by the tests, they can work on trying to fix it.

I ended up disabling the template_tests and expr-builder-smtlib2 tests on everything but amd64. It looks like the what4 team has been working on the tests (in git), so perhaps we can revisit after the next release.

Now, I am down to just a failure on armhf where the build is timing out. That one file ([57 of 79] Compiling What4.Expr.Builder ( src/What4/Expr/Builder.hs, dist-ghc/build/What4/Expr/Builder.o, dist-ghc/build/What4/Expr/Builder.dyn_o )) takes a REALLY long time to compile!

Scott