Welcoming Debhelper in the Haskell Team?

Hi,

I already saw an objection [1] to migrate the Haskell tooling to
Debhelper, but given Debian's trends for build systems [2] I am not
sure there is a huge choice. Does anyone else want to deprecate CDBS
in favor of Debhelper in the Haskell tooling?

There are a variety of paths by which

    /usr/share/haskell-devscripts/Dh_Haskell.sh [3]

could be turned into a Perl library first and then potentially integrated into

   /usr/share/perl5/Debian/Debhelper/Buildsystem/haskell.pm [4]

Which way is best?

In addition, dh-haskell should perhaps be maintained under the team
umbrella. The Vcs info in d/control still points to the team repo [5]
but my access request on Salsa remains pending. Please let me know
what you think. I am happy to maintain it separately for a while.
Thanks!

Kind regards,
Felix Lechner

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1002296#19