Re: Removing hgettext and possibly other non-key packages

On Thu, Sep 09, 2021 at 01:08:42PM +0200, Sven Bartscher wrote:
> I was just looking at the reason why hgettext is marked for removal from
> testing. While doing so, I noticed that the last releases of the package
> have all been bumps to the dependencies. The last upstream release is from
> 2017, so apparently it is time to consider the package unmaintained
> upstream.

This is probably true, though it's possible that hvr might respond to
https://github.com/haskell-hvr/hgettext/pull/17

> * Do you care about any of the other packages listed below or can they be
> removed from the archive?

I just marked cabal-install, glirc, and termonad 'key'.

> * Do you think we should be more active in monitoring Haskell packages for
> unneeded packages nobody cares about? How should we do so?

I definitely think that the 'key' mechanism leaves a lot to be desired,
but I am not sure what would work better, especially given that people
seem generally uninterested in keeping the package-plan up-to-date.