Re: Transition, libghc-xmonad-dev

On Sun, Jul 05, 2020 at 05:58:57PM +0200, Adam Sjøgren wrote:
> I'm not sure where to start, or how I help most efficiently with getting
> pandoc updated, so xmonad can be.

So to be a little more focused:

If we check the package plan, we see that it calls for pandoc 2.9.1.1.

% cabal v1-install --dry-run pandoc-2.9.1.1
Resolving dependencies...
In order, the following would be installed (use -v for more details):
HsYAML-0.2.1.0
cmark-gfm-0.2.1
doclayout-0.2.0.1 (latest: 0.3)
emojis-0.1
haddock-library-1.8.0 (latest: 1.9.0)
hslua-module-system-0.2.1
ipynb-0.1.0.1
jira-wiki-markup-1.0.0 (latest: 1.3.2)
pandoc-types-1.20 (latest: 1.21)
regex-base-0.94.0.0
doctemplates-0.8 (latest: 0.8.2)
texmath-0.12.0.2
regex-pcre-builtin-0.95.1.2.8.43
skylighting-core-0.8.5
skylighting-0.8.5
pandoc-2.9.1.1 (latest: 2.10)

Note that I ran this on testing, where ipynb is unavailable, and several
versions are out of date.

So for each of these you can go through and check
    1) is the package in unstable with a version that matches the
       package-plan version (not necessarily the version listed
       above)?
    2) does the correct version of the package build on all supported
       architectures?
    3) is the package not in unstable but stuck in the NEW queue?

For something like regex-pcre-builtin, you'll just have to know that we
don't actually want that packaged in Debian, and skylighting-core is
patched to use regex-pcre instead.

For something like doctemplates, you will find that the version is
inadequate but can't be upgraded because doclayout has been stuck in
the NEW queue for two weeks.  The options then become to either update
the package anyway even though it will be unbuildable or to wait for
NEW processing.