Remove haskell-wl-pprint-extras?

Hi,

Testing migration for many packages, e.g.,
https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/haskell-semigroupoids are now blocked
on https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/haskell-wl-pprint-extras. On my
Ubuntu nothing seems to depend on the package, it was last updated on
Hackage and in github repo in 2015 and it does not seem to work with
newer GHCs: https://matrix.hackage.haskell.org/#/package/wl-pprint-extras/3.5.0.5/ghc-8.8.3@1588681073

The Monad.fail problem causing the breakage is not even reported as a
github issue so I doubt many people use the package.

The author said in https://github.com/ekmett/wl-pprint-extras/pull/18

@quchen has taken over this and a bunch of related packages I had for
pretty printing and has largely supplanted them with a set of more
general packages. I’m happy to coordinate with him to keep this on
life support if he thinks that makes sense.

To be fair NixOs tries tried to keep it alive anyway with their own
patches, though I can't find anything beyond GHC 8.6, in particular
for this problem: https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/pull/53789

Could we remove haskell-wl-pprint-extras altogether and so unblock a
lot of other packages?

Cheers,
Mikolaj