upgrade of all the haskell packages

Hello,

I have a question about the upgrade process.
ghc 8.4 was uploaded into unstable and a mass upgrade or binNMU of the DHG packages were schedulled.
Thanks a lot for this.

Now, I see that there is a bunch of packages whcih are not compiling out of the box.
most of them need a patch in order to fix the base version requirement.

I am wondering why this happend, don't the Debian packages should be a sort of mirror of lts and this way should compile out of the box.

so my question is why this is not the case ?

thanks for your explaination.

Frederic