Re: GHC 8.0.2

Hello Emilio, below our analysis due to ghc 8.0.2 update.
Note: in Ubuntu the transition is going to complete in the next few days (I'm at level 11 right now)
Most fixes are bumping directory bounds, or little patches

G.

Il Venerdì 27 Gennaio 2017 10:46, Ilias Tsitsimpis <i.tsitsimpis@gmail.com> ha scritto:
Hi again!

On Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 08:22AM, Gianfranco Costamagna wrote:
> Now I got some new packages:
>
> haskell-shake ->> needs this patch: https://github.com/ndmitchell/shake/commit/9ccc022e5b02343ac48ce1d4245c9082f6ab86ef.patch

I opted for hiding `withCreateProcess', (didn't see upstream had fix it).

> haskell-vector-algorithms ->> needs this patch
> http://hub.darcs.net/RyanGlScott/vector-algorithms/patch/891942190c7c59f6634d6a4be061da37f9668e94
> (not yet merged upstream)

My approach here was a little bit different, but same result I guess.

> Now I'll start level 11 :)

Just finished rebuilding the whole stack locally (took way longer than
expected). I couldn't build the following packages:

* agda (out of memory when building documentation with haddock)

* haskell-secret-sharing (haddock fails with):

  haddock: internal error: renameType: HsSpliceTy
  CallStack (from HasCallStack):
    error, called at  utils/haddock/haddock-api/src/Haddock/Interface/Rename.hs:266:30 in main:Haddock.Interface.Rename

Here's the list of all the packages that need to be updated (of course
these are only the packages maintained by DHG):

haskell-dependent-sum       (patch for ghc-8.0.2)
haskell-cabal               (newer directory, but since ghc-8.0.2 ships
                             with a newer version, this is not needed)
hasktags                    (newer directory)
haskell-filestore           (newer directory)
haskell-snap-templates      (newer directory)
haskell-vector-algorithms   (patch for ghc-8.0.2)
haskell-concurrent-output   (newer directory)
gtk2hs-buildtools           (newer directory)
haskell-shake               (newer process)
haskell-cabal-helper        (newer directory)
haskell-glob                (newer directory)
haskell-xmlhtml             (newer directory)
haskell-ed25519             (newer directory)
agda                        (newer directory and patch for ghc-8.0.2)
haskell-ircbot              (newer directory)
haskell-hackage-security    (newer directory)
haskell-relational-query    (increase the limit for simplifier ticks)
haskell-cabal-install       (newer directory and newer Cabal)
haskell-path-io             (newer directory)
darcs                       (newer directory)
haskell-aws                 (newer directory)
haskell-monad-logger        (patch for ghc-8.0.2)
ghc-mod                     (newer directory)
haskell-diagrams-lib        (newer directory)
haskell-stack               (newer directory)
haskell-heist               (newer directory)
haskell-snap                (newer directory)
haskell-werewolf            (newer directory)
haskell-secret-sharing      (FTBFS, explained above)
yi                          (patch for ghc-8.0.2)
glirc                       (newer directory)
pandoc                      (newer directory)
xmonad-contrib              (patch for ghc-8.0.2)
haskell-hakyll              (newer directory)

I have pushed everything under branch `ghc-8.0.2'. I fear it's too late
to update that many packages now. What do you think?

--
Ilias