Re: GHC Android Cross-compiler

Hello,
>As some of you may have heard, we are writing Haskell games targeting
>iOS and Android.
>Depending on where it's running (debian, other linux, mac), and the
>target, we use a different setup: we can install GHC+Cabal+base with a
>Deb (currently, from our own archive), unpack from a tar.gz, or use it
>inside a docker container.
>Our toolchain handles all three possibilities.
>Our setup works quite well, and we'd like to make these cross-compilers
>available for everyone.

nice!

>I know you may be able to make this faster, but we'll need to keep
>patching GHC anyway. And I'd also like to personally participate in
>distributing this if possible.
>Is there anyone who could help us make this "the standard way" so that
>it meets the requirements that debian and other similar distros may have?

It really depends on the kind of patches you are referring to.
Can you please share your issues?
BTW the Debian ghc package is really little patched, we stick to what
upstream releases, so probably if you want specific patches included,
better talk and get them merged upstream before asking us to integrate.

I hope this helps,

Gianfranco