cabal vs apt install libghc-...

I write Haskell code, and would on occasion like to package a program
written in Haskell for Debian. But I'm not a Haskell ecosystem
maintainer, or anything like that. One thing that would make my life
easier would be a way to pass the stuff from the build-depends: of a
.cabal file and translate them into Debian libghc-xxx-dev packages.
I.e., something that takes a cabal package name and translates it into
a list of corresponding debian library development packages.

Something on top of that which parses a .cabal file and generates that
list and slaps it into a ${misc:depends} in debian/control would be
even more fantastic!

Perhaps there is already something that does this; if so, please take
this message as a request to add a pointer to it to
https://wiki.debian.org/Haskell

(Just a thought. Keep up the good work on the Debian Haskell infrastructure!)

--Barak Pearlmutter