Re: Should we remove profiling libraries

Am 2016-11-07 um 13:41 schrieb Joachim Breitner:
>Hi,
>
>in light of #842740 and regularly hitting resource boundaries, the
>question arises if we should maybe stop shipping -prof libraries.
>
>The are slightly useful to me, and to anyone having a debian-package
>based development flow, but I assume that there are only few such
>people, as stack and nix-style cabal get better and better.

Until most packages on hackage/stackage are signed by their developers,
the signatures integrated into the workflow using hackage-security or
something like it, I see merit in supplying the -prof packages in
Debian. I quite like developing from unstable, without requiring
untrusted external packages.
Sadly I won't be able to fix #842740, so my voice should be taken with
some salt.

Marcel