Re: Timeout of haskell-openglraw on arm*

Hi,

good research!

Am Freitag, den 01.07.2016, 17:07 +0300 schrieb Ilias Tsitsimpis:

> * Suggest that the authors of OpenGLRaw split the 'Functions' module.
>   This will certainly improve the compilation time, but I am not sure
>   it will be enough for the package to be built on our buildds.

As others might benefit as well from the speedup, it is worth doing
that independent of our situation here.

> * Open a bug report against GHC's LLVM code generator.
>   It is expected to be slower than the native one, but it feels like
>   there is a bug here.

Yes, it would be good to track that down. Can you make a self-contained
example, i.e. a module that shows the problem without referring to
foreign functions. If it is some low-hanging fruit, we will benefit
from the fixes in other packages as well.

> * Remove haskell-openglraw from arm* architectures.
>   These architectures use the LLVM code generator.

We could do that for now, and see if we can get them back later.

> What do you suggest?

I suggest you do all of it :-)

Joachim “nomeata” Breitner
Debian Developer