Re: LTS-6 status

Hi,

Am 2. Juni 2016 05:27:06 MESZ, schrieb Sean Whitton <spwhitton@spwhitton.name>:
>On Wed, Jun 01, 2016 at 06:07:09PM +0200, Joachim Breitner wrote:
>> and done.
>
>\o/
>
>I've deleted the build server so that we can conserve the donated
>platform credits for the next big LTS bump, since the buildds are now
>hard at work.  I can also fire it up much sooner next time, now that I
>have the setup in my configuration management system.

great idea, thanks.

In fact, no need to wait: We could open a LTS-7 branch in the package plan, upgrade to stackage nightly, which is already based on GHC 8, and then start upgrading the packages in the experimental branch of the packages repository (without uploading them). This will give us a head start for when LTS-7 is released, or for when LTS-6 enters testing and unstable is ready to move to GHC 8.

>I think my actual build script (triggered via a cronjob) could be
>improved a lot.  I'm attaching what I was using up until now.  Perhaps
>someone who understands `dht make-all` better than me can suggest some
>improvements.

I'll look at them when I'm at my laptop.