Re: Any interest in backporting libghc-prettyclass-dev and libghc-hierarchical-clustering-dev to Jessie?

Dear Andreas,

with 700+ packages, the maintainer address is unfortunately quite
spammed by automatic mails; debian-haskell@lists.debian.org is more
reliably read.

Am Samstag, den 12.03.2016, 07:23 +0100 schrieb Andreas Tille:
> I would like to backport phybin (which was packaged thanks to your kind
> help) to Jessie.  The Build-Depends libghc-hierarchical-clustering-dev
> and libghc-prettyclass-dev are missing in Jessie (backports).  I wonder
> if you have any interest in doing these backports.  I'd volunteer in
> principle to do this in case you confirm that such a backport would be
> quite straightforward and there are no known pitfalls to do so.

we don’t have a clear policy for backports yet, and little automation.
I’d be wary of pulling in deep dependency trees into backports at this
moment, but the two packages you name do not do that. So I don’t see a
reason not to do that, even more so since you suggest to do the
backporting.

No source changes should be necessary, so yes: Just go ahead!

Joachim “nomeata” Breitner
Debian Developer
  nomeata@debian.org • https://people.debian.org/~nomeata
  XMPP: nomeata@joachim-breitner.de • GPG-Key: 0xF0FBF51F