Re: Using GHC 7.10 and Haskell Platform on Debian 8

On Tue, 1 Mar 2016 00:10:35 +0100
Francesco Ariis <fa-ml@ariis.it> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 06:12:12PM -0430, Ernesto Hernández-Novich
> wrote:
> >
> > Greetings,
> >
> > I want to use the backported GHC 7.10 on Debian 8, but would like to
> > have *a lot* of the packages rebuilt (haskell-platform, yesod and
> > a few more). Is there an easy way to build them that is not "one by
> > one"?
>
> Any reason not to use the minmal intaller [1] and then, say,
> cabal install something with lots of dependencies? (like yesod)?

The only reason is to ease deployment of packages on other machines. I
cannot upgrade production machines to Sid, and using cabal/stack is out
of the question.

I rather have my own private package repository with everything. If
there's a semi-automatic way to have all packages built, it will save a
lot of time.
--
Ernesto Hernández-Novich - @iamemhn - Unix: Live free or die!
Geek by nature, Linux by choice, Debian of course.