Re: Haskell debhelper build system

Hi,

Am Samstag, den 26.12.2015, 13:08 +0000 schrieb Dmitry Bogatov:
>   * in many cases it provides almost identical binary packages
>
> Almost?
>
>   Yes. Unfortunately, dh_buildinfo will generate different
>   `buildinfo_all.gz', so we will have different `md5sums' file
>   and Installed-Size: field.

Identical up to buildinfo_all.gz is perfect! Good job! I’m looking
forward to this.

>   If it would be possible. Many packages have overrides, that need to be
>   ported.  Most of them are trivial, but still not trivial enough to be handled
>   automatically.  So I propose to upload dh-haskell into sid and migrate
>   one-by-one.

I agree that dh-haskell can be uploaded to sid, so that everyone can
easily play around with it?

I’m not sure I buy the benefits one-by-one migration. Why not do all at
once? Using "dht make-all", we can easily test building everything
without having it uploaded to sid.